Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hate, dislike and sin

Good Morning!

It is a sunny morning in So. CA and the birds are singing.  I can hear the painters around.

My morning read was Proverbs 6:16-19.  The devotional is on things that God hates.   One of the big ones is lying.    I would rather tell the truth than lie.  Rory has a tendency to not tell the truth, but I would rather live with the consequences than lie.  Rory blames me for not getting a job, as I told him to tell the truth about his diabetes and for some reason, the company would not hire him because of that and I have not heard the end of that ever since.  The one thing I really have to look at, is how am I hurting others with my words and actions.  Lying is one big thing that has hurt our marriage.  After the girls were born and Rory says, I pulled away from him, he started to gamble and he would lie as to where he was.  At that point in time, I had twins that I was trying to take care of, I had to work and I had to take care of the house.  By the end of the day, I was exhausted and Rory was really no help with the girls or the house.  He wanted to be taken care of as well.

Today, I have a docent meeting this afternoon and I am going to work on my blogs today.  Rory's birthday is tomorrow and since, he is going to Las Vegas for the weekend, we are going to celebrate his birthday tonight.  Today would have been my mother's 96th birthday.

I did my morning computer stuff, took a nap and did laundry.  I think the painting around our unit is done.  I hope!  Now to work on my other blogs. Did work on one of my blogs regarding the city of Carmel.  Had lunch and left about 12:15 for the Mission and the docent meeting.  Today's meeting was regarding what led up to the secularization of the Missions.  Interesting!  After the meeting I walked back to the car and had an encounter with a person.  Not bad!  There are times I really wonder about people who take advantage of others and I am not saying this person did that to me.  The person I talked to was taken advantage of.  I am just glad I was able to help this person.  On the way home, I stopped at Trader Joe's and got stuff for dinner and then went to Cinnamon Productions and got dessert for dinner to celebrate Rory's b-day. After I left Trader Joe's, Rory called to find out how I was and to tell me it had been 96 degrees in Anchorage.  I questioned what he said, but until I looked it up, I believed him.  There are times when he watches TV, he doesn't listen to the whole thing and he does not quite get his information correct.   On the way home I drove through Live Oak Canyon.  Talked to the girls for a little bit and then had alone time.

Making spaghetti!  Rory decided to eat upstairs and will come down after 9 to have tea and cheesecake.     The girls and I watched Duck Dynasty; which I am coming to like.  Going to hang out downstairs until Rory comes down and then I am going upstairs.

Good night!

Trudi


No comments:

Post a Comment