Monday, June 17, 2013

Love

This was taken in San Dimas a couple of years ago.  My father grew up in San Dimas and my grandfather worked on the railroad in San Dimas.

Good Morning!  It was very foggy this morning.

We start the process of getting our building painted this morning.  The first thing is a power wash!  Rory is getting some major teeth work done today.  Mari and I are going to San Clemente to walk this afternoon and we will see how Marissa is this morning and how Sweet Pea handles the painters being around.  Marissa is still not feeling well and her anxiety is up, because of her cold.  I feel so sorry for her.

My devotional this morning was Psalm 136-His love endures forever.  When I was growing up, I knew my parents and grandparents loved me.  Each had different ways of showing love.  My father's parents showed love by their actions, especially my grandmother.  My mother's parents showed their love with material things.  My mother, I really believe had issues with relationships, as my grandfather worked a lot and my grandmother treated my mother more like a sister.  Their was a story that was told about how, after my mother got married, my grandmother wanted my mother to come back and live with her. I don't really think my mother wanted kids, but my dad did.  My mother had a hard time being a parent.    I really knew love from my dad.  I thought I was in love with Rory, when I first met him, but now, I really believe it was lust.  He was the first person I had met, who "did not have a wall built around him" or so I thought.  Did I really know what it was like to have a relationship with a person, as the majority of people, other than my family, had put me down.  I was really looking for acceptance.  I was very needy.  I know in my head that God loves me and takes care of me, as I see His actions all the time, but it is hard for me to wrap my heart around that.  There are certain things I love, such as the colors of nature, especially flowers and the colors of green on trees.  I love water.  I love traveling in the car and on the train and seeing the passing landscape.  I enjoy doing things for others, but it is hard for me to allow people to do things for me.

Better start getting breakfast.  First round is done on the exterior.  Rory is off for the dentist.  Marissa is still not feeling well.  Mari and I are doing computer stuff and eating breakfast.  Got my morning computer routine done and took a nap, as Rory went to the dentist.  Got up and did laundry and now I am going to work on my blogs, as today is blog day.  Got some writing done before Rory came home and needed some help.  Mari and I went out to get lunch and came back.  Ate lunch and looked at Rory's pictures and then Mari and I went out to take a walk in San Clemente.  There is a path that goes along the beach and the railroad track.

On the way home, we stopped at Active Culture for some frozen yogurt and then came home and made dinner and watched TV.  Rory is struggling with his dental work and Marissa is still not feeling well.  She has her cold and and her anxiety.  Great combination.  My refrigerator is supposed to come tomorrow, but I do not know what time.  Patience!

Just enjoying quiet time in the living room!

Good night!  Trudi


No comments:

Post a Comment