Saturday, June 15, 2013

Relationships

Good Morning!

This was taken in Astoria, Oregon.

This morning I was reading about Tamar in the Bible and the verse was 2Samuel 13:1-39.  In those verses, it was also talking about relationships.  Oh my, are relationships hard.  As with everything, relationships take work, except when people don't understand relationships.  I had a great relationship with my Dad.  My relationship with my mom was ok, my relationship with my sister is non-existent and has been that way for a long time.  My relationship with my husband has become more of a caretaker, plus he really doesn't understand relationships.  I am so blessed with the relationship I have with my daughters.  Yes, I have friends and I am thankful for that, but the majority of "friends" in my life are long distance and it has been that way for a long time.  I have been a person for a long time that has mainly kept to myself, as it is/was safer that way.  I want relationships, don't take me wrong, but I have to get past the fear of being hurt.

Anybody ever watching "Oddities"?  Interesting program.  Mari and I are having breakfast and watching TV.

After doing my computer routine, I decided to take a nap.  When I got up, checked our bank account and took care of some financial issues and some filing.  It was getting close to lunch time.  Rory was working on something he needs when he goes before the Social Security judge and I knew I would get in the  middle of it and I was trying not to.  My husband has really no confidence on certain things.  He wants somebody to do things for him and that way he doesn't fail. I really feel that a lot of this has to do with his dad and his upbringing.   After I finished lunch, I was about to head out the door and Rory wanted me to check what he was doing.  I did check what he was doing, but I really did not want to do that.  I finally got to Target and got some cards for Rory, which I hate doing.  Father's Day is tomorrow and his birthday is on Friday.  When I got to Target, I realized that I forgot my Franklin Covey and after I shopped at Target,  went back home and picked up the girls and my Franklin Covey and headed to Smart & Final and Yogurtland.  Mari got her lunch at The Corner Bakery.  Came home and since today is organizing day, finished working on a box from the storage unit.  I am also working on my patio, as they are going to be painting our building starting on Monday.

My building is on the right and one of the new colors is on the left.

Better start dinner.

There are some emails I save and some I read at that moment and do whatever I am going to do with it. When I have my organizing day, I make an effort to go through some of my saved emails.  One of the emails I set aside is my pastor's devotional.  This goes along withe my title of "relationships".    Hebrews 11:39-40." In Hebrews 11, God urges us to hang on because God hasn't forgotten us and will fulfill His promises one day.  He promises to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).  He promises to take away our tears (Rev.7)"

We are getting into a habit and I am not sure I like it.  Rory is starting to come down about 8 and for one thing, there is no room for me to sit comfortably and I really don't feel comfortable with him watching the same programs as we do.  He, sometimes, has a tendency to make comments about the program we are watching and that bugs me.  He also, takes this time to talk to me or us, while we are trying to watch a program.  Anyway, tonight, I decided to come upstairs and do what I wanted, as I was not really that interested with what was on.

Going to go through emails and read for the rest of the evening.

Good night!  Trudi

This was the last day of our trip to Alexandria, VA and this is the view we had from our hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment