Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Goals and no excuses

This morning, I woke up in a much better frame of mind. I really do want to set some goals for myself. I have set some spiritual goals, but have not got to the rest. I do read the Bible both in the morning and at night. I read Christian books, which I plan to continue to do and I will continue to listen to Living on the Edge with Chip Ingram. When I am by myself in the car, I can listen to the CD's. I have Living on the Edge on my laptop and I need to make time to listen to the daily message. Mari and I walked the lake this morning and did one lap, which is 1.1 miles and we decided it was getting too easy, so next time, we are going to do 2 laps and increase our park laps to 5. I also increased some of my stretching exercises. I know where I want to get with weight and that is down about 70 pounds, but I don't want to look at the whole thing right now. Right now, I want to get down below 240 pounds and then I will set another goal. I am being good with my food and I feel like I am on a roll right now, which is nice. I have been joining a number of meet up groups and I have been using the early hour as an excuse for why I would not go. Mari is not a morning person and I have used her as an excuse. There was something that one of the groups was doing that I really wanted to go to, so I asked Mari and she said yes. No more excuses! I want to continue with my photography, exploring, people, travel, writing and learning. Mari and I went to San Gabriel Mission, so I could take some more pictures of the mission and finish my article on that mission. I am feeling more positive and not focusing on Rory, which is nice. Yes, he is still my frustration, but I am really trying to not let him get to me. Tonight, just hanging out, watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment