Sunday, July 22, 2012

Living with purpose

Last night Marissa went out with a couple of friends and when she came home, she said that she was wiped out. The conversation she had had was rather intense and it covered some issues that I have wanted to discuss with her, but Marissa has a tendency to shut me out, when I talk to her about certain things. This got me going on how can we live our lives with a purpose, which is what I know the Lord would want us to do. Marissa has a tendency to focus on her dad and does not want to deal with herself. She is very fearful. Her usual routine in the morning, is to get up and take her shower and then come downstairs and have breakfast and then play on the computer and watch TV. This goes on all day. She has no idea of how to move forward. Today, I gave her a couple of ideas and we will see if she does it. Today, Mari and I were supposed to go to Temecula to go wine tasting, but it was cancelled and I was thankful, because I really wanted to stay home and work on photos and writing. I want to really focus my life on travel, people, photography and writing. I don't want to run away from home, but be able to be home and be comfortable. Yes, I do want to get out and enjoy and explore, but be doing it for a reason and not just because I don't want to stay home. This morning, as I was doing household chores, I was getting frustrated, because Rory was laying around doing nothing and the girls were watching TV and playing on the computers. I am now at 3:30 getting to do what I want on the computer. Yes, I did look at emails earlier. In many ways, I feel like I am not the important one and I am just there to do household stuff. I do not enjoy doing house stuff. After lunch, Marissa and I went out and ran errands and got a chance to talk. I am proud of her for doing what I asked her to do. Tonight she is exhausted, but I told her to take things one day at a time. Had dinner and really trying to stick to a healthy dinner of a protein, a carb and fresh vegetables. We are also trying to stick to correct portion sizes. Watched some TV and then worked some more on my writing of the history of Mission San Gabriel. Rory decided to come downstairs. He doesn't like the weekends, as his usual routine does not exists and the businesses that he is interested are not open. He gets antsy by Sunday night. It is nice to be able to go to bed on time and without the TV on. Picture from San Gabriel Mission Playhouse:
The information was taken from the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse website. San Gabriel Mission Playhouse has tapestries presented by the King of Spain, beautifully carved and painted ceilings, a fully operational Wurlitzer Theater Organ and chandeliers that replicate the lanterns used on Spanish galleons which sailed around the tip of South America in route to California in the 1800's. The playhouse was dedicated on March 5, 1927 and was built by John Steven McGroarty for his famed Mission Play. The Mission Play told the story of the founding of the California Missions by the Franciscan Fathers under the leadership of Father Serra. At the end of the 1932 season and 3,198 performances, the effects of the depression, plus an attempt to produce the play on Broadway, ended the long run of the play. During the ensuing decade, the Mission Playhouse served as a movie theater and during the severe housing shortage in the war years, the dressing rooms were converted into apartments. In the mid 1940's , a group of San Gabriel residents formed a committee to see the Playhouse purchased by the City of San Gabriel. The first initiative was turned down, but in August of 1945, the city purchased the Mission playhouse and renamed it the San Gabriel Civic Auditorium. On September 26, 2007, the City of San Gabriel renamed the theater back to its original name. The Playhouse today, looks like it did, when the Mission Play was in production. The architectural style is Spanish and the facade is designed to resemble McGroarty's favorite mission, San Antonio de Padua in Monterey County. The Wurlitzer Theatre Organ was built in 1927 in New York and donated to the Playhouse in 1968 and was fully restored in 2009. Good night, Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment