Friday, July 27, 2012

Positive and relaxed

Actually slept in until 6:45. I rarely do this when Rory is home and especially when he is stressed. Got up as Mari and I are walking every morning and I wanted to get my morning routine completed, before we went walking. I have hit my first goal of getting to 240 pounds, now I am starting on my second goal of getting to 235. I also did some thinking about a goal statement and this is what I have come up with: I want to be healthy, be financially responsible, have a home base and be able to travel, explore, learn about history, do photography and write and make a living doing this. I also came to realize that I could be happy living where I am, if I was not living with Rory. I asked the girls how they would feel if we would stay here and Rory was not part of this household and they agreed. I have been trying to find a place where I am happy and I have been running away. I need to stop that and deal with what I have here. I find that when I focus on me and not on Rory, I am happier. One of my goals is to get Mari through school and stay put. I don't want to put her through any more stress than she has at school. The condo we have lived in for the last 14 years, as of the end of this month, has never had a mantle over the fireplace. I got an estimate of what that is going to cost and I will have a mantle as of next Thursday. Met up with a friend for tea and we were talking about where she is going with her career. At this point, she has no job. One of the things she is looking at is being a personal assistant. I would love to do this job and in many ways I do this job right now. We were talking about her setting up her own business and doing this and possibly me doing this with her down line. This is another career possibility for me. Right now, I have enough on my plate. Came home to pick up Mari and went to run errands. Late afternoon is my favorite time of the day, as I get to write and edit pictures.
Mari made dinner and I didn't realize how relaxed I was getting, until Rory called. Stress came back in for a few minutes. We have been pretty much hanging out in front of the TV. I did call Val, my friend who has cancer and they want her to go through 10 sessions of radiation. I was worried, as I asked her to call me, when she got back and I didn't hear from her. Glad to know she is ok. Watching the Olympics and coloring hair. Nice way to end a nice relaxing Friday! Good Night! Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment