Friday, August 3, 2012

Accomplishment

One of my goals was to get below 240 pounds and I accomplished that this morning. YEA! My other goal was to walk twice around the lake, which we did. YEA! When we got home from walking, I made breakfast and then went through emails. Did house stuff. I am in a photography group where we are taking a word and we have to take pictures of how we see that word. One of the rules is that the pictures have to be taken during this month. There were some comments on some of the pictures that were not very nice. Photography for me is a hobby that I enjoy and I like to share my pictures with other people. Yes, I believe that rules need to be followed, but you do not need to put other people down when they don't do the type of picture that you think they should. There are some pictures that I feel have had too much post processing. I like pictures that relatively come straight out of the camera and have some post processing. Rory came down and I was showing him the pictures and he did not understand, but, he at least listened. After that he called the place where his car was and eventually started yelling at them. I had to take over the conversation and calm everybody down. There was no reason for Rory to be yelling. He finally got his car back, but they still need to finish an item, which they will do next week, here at home. Rory wants everything done instantaneously and sometimes that does not happen. I was going to take a nap after lunch, but I felt that I needed to get him down to get the car and then I could come back and relax, so that is what I did. When I got up, Mari was taking a nap and I talked to Marissa. She did take the survey that I asked her to do and what it came back with was interesting. It had to do with agriculture and animals. Went out to dinner with a friend, which was nice and I really do need to set some goals for myself over the next couple of years as to where I am going. Came home and just having some nice quiet time. Part of today, I really felt like I was being pushed into something I didn't want to do. I don't enjoy having people over to our house and I don't really enjoy going over to other people's houses. I want to control how things go and there are times I can't. When I get together with friends, I like to go out for coffee/tea or a meal. As Mari said to me this afternoon, both her parents want control and that is so true. How do I let go and feel comfortable with other people in control? When I have let other people control in the past, I have not enjoyed things.

No comments:

Post a Comment