Friday, August 24, 2012

Changes coming/Trip #8-Texas

Good Morning! We have fog this morning and it is nice and cool. Rory has the air conditioning on, as he does not handle the humidity well and I don't handle dry air very well. Doing my morning routine. Rory is off for an orientation for a new job that we really don't know too much about, as he applied for this several years ago and he recently got a letter from them. There are several possibilities for this job and we will know more later today. After the orientation, he is headed for Vegas for a tournament, so the girls and I will get a break this weekend. This will be Mari's last weekend of summer, as she starts school on Monday. The repairman is coming today to, hopefully repair the refrigerator. He is supposed to be here between 1 and 5 and if history repeats itself, he will be here closer to 5 than 1, but we will see. Mari and I took our walk and did one piece of equipment. We have a new walking partner, who walks about the same time as we do. Came home and Mari made breakfast. We had strawberry french toast. YUM! Now to go on with house stuff! Got a nap! Did an errand and came home for lunch. There is a market near us that I love going to, as they have awesome prices on produce and they have a great meat market. Got some scallops for lunch today and tilapia for dinner tonight. For lunch, I had a scallop salad. Need to use the veges I get from the farmers market. Rory called and he is still in an orientation and it sounds like he will be working. YEA! I feel sorry for him, as after he gets out of the orientation, he is driving to Vegas. Long day and lots of traffic! It is 2:30 p.m. and we are still waiting for the repairman. Trip #8-Texas-I have been to Houston, so not really wanting to go there again. San Antonio, I would like to see and of course, the Alamo, since I am the history addict. Want to go to Dallas, mainly to say, I have seen it and from what I have seen on TV, I would like to see Austin. Once I actually go, I am sure I could come up with other places to see. The repairman got here for the refrigerator and it is fixed. YEA! Talked to Rory between 2:30 and 3 and he was just leaving Long Beach and headed for Vegas. LONG drive! I talked to him about 4:30 and he was just getting to the 15. Friday afternoon traffic, yuk! Rory has to get through a physical next week and then a training class the following week. He may be going back to working 40 hours a week, we shall see! The rest of today is ours. Good news today! After the repairman left, I had this feeling like I just wanted to get out of the house and go somewhere. I was tired of being stuck in the house. Why do I have to constantly focus on what I need to do next. Sometimes, when I am reading, my mind is somewhere else. I am very rarely content. Am I dealing with ADD? The rest of the evening I am going to go through some of my old emails, do some reading and go to bed about 10. Mari and I have decided to take a down day and not go walking tomorrow. I am going to wish everyone a good night. Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment