Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Choo Choo

Good Morning! Up at 6 and doing my morning routine! It is nice to have the bottom part of the house opened up and not have the A/C on. Busy day today! Mari has a dentist appointment this morning and then she and I are headed for Union Station this afternoon for a history tour. While Mari is at the dentist, I am going to meet up with a friend for coffee/tea. Quite often I will have dreams about losing things, but last night, I had a dream that I could not get out of a car; I also had this feeling that I could not get away from something. Mari and I are not walking this morning, but we will be walking at the train station this afternoon. I can tell my exercises are working, as I don't have as much of a pregnancy(no I'm not pregnant)bump on my stomach as I have had. Done with emails, now to house stuff. I was reading a blog about how much I want to learn or change. Am I comfortable with how things are? Do I like learning and exploring and/or do I want to increase my photography skills or do I like taking pictures from automatic? Where am I not comfortable and what do I want to change? It was interesting, because I surrendered today to the Lord, which I quite often do. I was trying to figure out when I was going to get some marketing into the day with the way this was supposed to go. The friend I was having tea with, texted me and wanted to meet me later, which was fine. Mari's appointment was at 10 and that stayed the same. I ended up going marketing after dropping Mari off at the dentist. Came home and put groceries away. My other concern was that Rory was supposed to leave for work at 12:30 and he wanted lunch at 11:30. While I was home, Rory's work called and cancelled, so that opened up up the rest of the day for what I wanted to do. I did not have to get Rory's lunch or be home in time to tie his shoes, as he can not reach his work shoes with his uniform on. After I picked up Mari, we went to meet my friend at Starbuck's and also getting sandwiches for lunch. Maria, who cleans my house called while I was having coffee and said she was coming around 12:30, which was fine, but I really wanted to get in a nap. By the time, we got home, they were almost done with upstairs and Rory had gone out, so I could go upstairs and take a nap. Mari and I left about 2:15 to head for the train station to catch the 3:15 train to Los Angeles. Luckily, the train was on time. We got up to Union Station about an hour before the tour was supposed to start, so we walked over to Olvera Street and I got a chance to take some pictures and Mari bought a box she wanted. Walked back over to Union Station and joined the tour. It was very interesting and I learned somethings I did not know. I did not realize that there were 2 other train stations before Union Station was built. Mari and I plan to go back and take some more of their tours. Got dinner from Starbuck's and then caught our train back to Irvine. It was so nice to not have to drive to downtown Los Angeles. Got home in time to watched "Haunted Collector" Getting really tired, so time to go to bed. Good Night, Trudi Old ticket booths at Union Station in Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment