Saturday, September 15, 2012

A day in apple country

Good Morning! What we were going to do today changed a couple of times over the last few days. When we found out how hot it was going to be, we decided not to go to the Huntington Library and see the new Japanese gardens. Then, we were just going to stay home and wing it! Yesterday, a friend of mine said she was going to Oak Glen, which is up in our mountains. At first, I said, no, as I thought it was going to be too hot, and then I talked to Mari and, she said, she wanted to go, so we decided to go and I am so glad we did. I got up at my usual time, as we had someone coming over between 7:45 and 8:15, to fix some nicks in our tile floor. Did not get much done of my usual routine, which was fine. Mari and I left about 9 and went to Starbucks, then to the bank and then to get gas in the car and then we headed for Oak Glen. It was a perfect day, as there were not too many people and it was 20 degrees cooler in Oak Glen. When we first got there, we walked around Riley farm and then we met up with some friends for lunch, which was nice. After lunch we walked around and took some more pictures and then, Mari and I left and did our own thing. We stopped at another place and picked some apples to bring home. Headed on down the mountain and again the temperature began to climb. Got home about 4 and I got a nice nap and it is getting close to time to have dinner. Had dinner and watched "Celebrity Ghost Stories". We were supposed to go see a friend of mine, who is in town for the weekend, but her schedule got messed up, so we are going to try for tomorrow. Watching TV. I am going to read at 9 and then head for bed at 10. Good night, Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment