Saturday, September 22, 2012

First day of fall

Good Morning! The calendar says it is the first day of fall, but the temperature does not reflect that, but in Southern CA, it usually gets hotter, before it gets cooler. We have our Santa Ana winds usually at the end of October. I love fall and everything associated with fall. I love the color of the changing leaves and pumpkins and apples cooked into things. Today, I am going to make some pumpkin puree and some apple cookies from the apples we got last week. I am also going to help Mari make up a schedule for getting homework done, so that she is not spending all day Wednesday doing homework and wiping herself out. I also need to buy our new bed. A busy Saturday! Got up at my normal time and doing my usual morning routine. Mari and I are going to go walk the park this morning. Mari is making breakfast. We had a fun walk. One of the dogs that is sometimes at the park likes us to throw its frisbee, which I am not really good at. Doing my morning routine, took a nap and had lunch. We made a schedule for Mari and Marissa and I went out and ran errands. I always say it is very different to do things with Mari and Marissa. They may be twins, but they are so different. I decided to send my friend a care package, instead of waiting to see her. Hopefully that will cheer her up. We did some other things and ordered my bed. Mission Viejo Mall was a mess and I was glad to get out of there. On the way home went by Target. While we were at Mission Viejo mall, Marissa wanted to get some Thai tea, which we did, as well as some Chai tea. Came home and put things away. I was going to have a little bit of quiet time, before making some cookies and some pumpkin puree. Rory decided to come down, which I didn't really need, but I did not complain and eventually he went back upstairs. Mari came out and helped me with the cookies and the pumpkin puree, which I totally enjoyed. Got dinner together and we watched Celebrity Ghost Stories and The Unexplained. I feel like I actually have some energy today. Going to do my reading tonight and then go to bed. Good night, Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment