Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Patriot's Day

Good Morning! Normal morning routine! Mari has school this afternoon and that is the only out thing we have. The rest of the day will be normal routine. Rory will probably be home resting after yesterday of going through the physical and tomorrow, where he possibly has to work. I am now meeting a friend for coffee/tea after I drop Mari off at school. Mari and I did our park walk this morning without our walking buddy. Tomorrow we are going to walk from home to the park, walk four times around the park and then walk home. I knew today was September 11 and I can't believe it has been 11 years since all of the tragedy happened. I remember waking up and Rory having the TV on and watching the planes crashing into the buildings. I thought Rory was watching a movie. I remember having 7 reviews that day to do and telling the girls they had to come with me, as I did not really feel comfortable leaving them at home, as I was homeschooling the girls at that point. I remember that night, when I was working about 11 p.m., hearing the low sound of a plane and wondering what it was. Mari was still up and we both figured out, it was a plane at Camp Pendleton, which we can sometimes here from where we live. Lots of memories from that day. Praying for all of those who lost loved ones.
This was a picture from last year from where I drive through Live Oak Canyon. What an afternoon this has been! I met up with my friend for coffee and that was the most relaxed part of the afternoon. After I dropped her off at the car repair place, I went over to Target and on the way, I got texted. My sister-in-law is in town and she texted me and wanted to know, when would be a good time to get together and that my mother-in-law felt she was up to seeing my husband. They have not seen each other since he was 19 and he is now 62. Long story. My sister-in-law, my mother-in-law, my husband and I are going to meet up for lunch on Thursday and then the girls of us will meet up next week for lunch. I did not feel like Marissa would handle this very well, so we are having two separate lunches. Going to be an interesting day on Thursday. I got my errand done at Target and then headed back home to make a smoothie and then went to Laguna to pick up Mari. While we were driving there, we saw this whole parade of motorcycles honoring Patriot's Day with an old fire truck leading the procession. Then there was an accident right in front of LCAD. Ran errands on the way home. Now I am home and about to make dinner. Too much excitement for one afternoon. We had dinner, watched some TV and having some quiet time. "Face Off" is on at 9 and then I am headed for bed. Good night, Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment