Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What is a family?

Good Morning! I am not the most up person this morning, but I am thankful for a new day. Last night, I came to realize how Rory's upbringing and my upbringing have so influenced our lives. Rory has become like his dad, who was really not a very nice person. Rory does provide for us with his father's inheritance, but as far as loving us, really all he does is think of himself and what he wants. I was raised with very loving parents. We may not have had much money, but there was love, but I don't think feelings were really expressed. I am so thankful for my girls and the love we have between us. I really feel responsible to stay put until Mari is through school. It is going to be rough, but I feel that is the responsible thing to do. Going on with my day; I was up at 6ish and doing my morning routine. I am enjoying the quiet of the morning. I need to get Rory's breakfast, so I guess, I need to get going. Normal day today, as Mari has school this afternoon. I am going to continue to take care of the girls and myself and I will do what I need to for Rory. Mari and I did our walk this morning at the park. We did 8 laps around with our walking friend. Came home and had breakfast. Did my usual morning routine. As Mari had to be at school at 1, which means we have to leave at 12:15, so we had lunch at 11:30. Mari made a small sandwich for us and I added half a grapefruit to it. I don't think it was enough food, because I was hungry within half an hour. I dealt with the hunger until 3 p.m., when I made smoothies for Mari and me. I had gotten some cut up veges, when we were in San Diego, so I had some of those when we got back from doing errands. With my smoothie, I had a small piece of pita bread with some hummus on it. I had gotten this from the farmer's market last Thursday. Left to go pick up Mari. While I was driving, I was thinking about my self confidence and how I really feel about myself. We are having a chicken pot pie tonight and I want Mari to make it, because making it is something new to me and I don't want to fail. My self-confidence is low on many things. An issue I am also dealing with is feelings and taking a picture that expresses feelings. That is hard for me to do. I have decided to do something for myself and that is take pictures of old, hurt, frustrated and anger, which is something I feel about myself and then I will take pictures of beauty. I will share them on my blog. There is a trailer that is near us, that I have been wanting to take a picture of, but I don't take the time to stop and take the picture. I am going to do that in the next couple of days. The picture I am going to put up today is one I took the other day and this picture is of beauty. I love clouds, especially at sunrise and sunset. Beauty:
Chicken Pot Pie:
Made the majority of the Chicken Pot Pie, but then it was getting to the point I was trying to do too many things at once and I asked Mari for help. The pie turned out good. Ate dinner and watched the end of a program we were watching earlier in the day. DVR is so nice. I had taken Rory's dinner up to him and accidentally spilled the wine. I asked Mari to bring paper towels. I told Rory his wine had spilled and left paper towels for him to clean it up. He wanted to know where I had spilled the wine and he thought I was going to clean it up. He could not see it on his tray. Maybe I should have cleaned it up. Mari and I are going to watch Face Off at 9 and then I am headed for bed. Good night, Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment