Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A day of celebrations

Good Morning!

Today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday, Fat Tuesday and 3rd day of Chinese New Year.

This picture was taken in Calico, CA two years ago.

Mari has school from 10-10 today and Marissa has counseling this afternoon.  Last night Marissa and I were talking about personality types and Myers Briggs test.  I am an ISFJ and Marissa is a ISTJ.  I have also come to realize that I have felt very unorganized over the past few weeks and that is not comfortable for me.  I like to be planned and organized, but yet, I know I can't always be that.  This morning I am going to take Mari to school and then on the way home, stop at Smart & Final and Sears. While Marissa is in counseling, I am going to finish writing my tour.

I did get Mari to school, I did get to Sears, but could not find a red jacket for my being a docent.  It has to be a Christmas Red jacket.  I did get to Smart and Final and now have things for dinner until Saturday.  Simple dinners, even Valentine's Day!  Came home after that and took a nap.  I, also realized that Rory and I have a major communication problem.  Last night he said something about the Pope stepping down and I said, yes, I already knew about that.  He asked why I did not tell him.  He is the one who watches the news all day.  This morning we were talking about the girls and he said he didn't know about a certain thing.  He may not have known about this, but there was no reason for him to know.  I have gotten to the point I take care of things and if I feel like he needs to know, I will tell him. Many of the conversations we have, always come back to all about him, so I don't have many meaningful conversations with him.

This afternoon, I took Marissa to counseling and I went to get snack and came back and finished my tour.  On the way home, Mari texted me and said that she would be getting out of school early, but did not say when.  I came home and walked in the house and she texted me and said leave now, so I turned around got back in the car and went down and picked her up.  When Marissa and I were driving home, I was joking about going to Laguna and sitting and waiting for Mari.  Maybe I should have, but I did not know.

When I finally did get home, I made dinner and we sat and watched the end of the Biggest Loser.  Doing computer stuff, going to read and go to bed.  I am tired!

Good night!  Trudi


No comments:

Post a Comment