Saturday, February 16, 2013

A light came on

Good Morning and it is a good morning!

Several lights came on this morning and I don't mean literally.  Rory and I were watching a TV program and they were talking about kids and passions.  Rory wanted to go into the army, but he had no real support.  His dad wanted him to be an entrepreneur and that is definitely not Rory!  I, always, wanted to go into travel, but ended up going into appraising.  Now I am having that opportunity.  I want Mari to finish her education, which is about 2 more years and then I am going to take a class on tour directing.  At this point in time, I know I cannot afford to be away from home for more than a day, so my docent tours are perfect for me at this time.  I told Rory, he is getting his support from me, but he needs to do his side, which is work and provide for us.  I don't think he can do that, especially with his health the way it is and his lack of motivation.    I can't do both of being a supporter and a provider.  I, also, do not believe that most kids really know what they want to do in life.  They are special kids if they do.

The other light that went on is regarding what I eat.  I need to cut back on the amount of sugar I eat.  I know that when I get stressed, I turn to food and especially sugar.  I have read that having diabetes, which I do not have, can cause tiredness and I agree with that.  I want to have energy, so I am really going to try to cut back on the sugar and I know that is going to be hard.

This morning I am going to do house stuff and then Mari and I are going out to Mission San Fernando and take some pictures.  I also want to go by Glendale train station and see if I can find a cemetery that is near Burbank airport.  Now that I am a docent, I feel like I can sort of get a schedule in my life, which is what I want.

Computer stuff done, laundry done for the week, nap taken and some organizing done.  Had lunch and now we are headed out for some fun.



Mari and I went to Mission San Fernando and took some pictures.  When the girls and I went up to Cambria and part of the trip was on the train, I saw this cemetery near Bob Hope Airport, which is in Burbank, CA.  I went looking for it and found some an interesting building, so we took some pictures and then went to Glendale and found an old railroad station that I had seen on the train as well.  Took some pictures as well and then headed for home.  Had dinner.  I am tired.

Good night!  Trudi


No comments:

Post a Comment