Monday, May 20, 2013

A train, a castle and some wine tasting

Good Morning!

A beautiful sunny day, a nice hotel room and nice people!

Headed out for the Napa Valley Wine Train today.  This should be fun!  We are going to the castle as well.  Marissa is staying at the hotel, as this is not her thing.  I dealt with some depression last night, when I found out that we are in for some rain and possible snow tomorrow, as we head for Oregon.  I can handle the rain, but I get a little freaked out with snow.  I am a native Southern California girl and not used to snow.  Also, I was looking at how long it would take us to get to Brookings, OR, plus dealing with rain/snow and started to get upset.  I think I have found an easier route than trying to get back to 101 and feel better.  If I am a traveler, how can I let some rain, do me in.  I am also dealing with some history, when I did not calculate distance real well and Mari and I did not get to take the trip we had planned.  The trip was great, but in some ways, I don't want this trip to change.

Wall art in Morgan Hill, CA

Mari and I left about 9:30 and headed for Napa and the Napa Valley Wine Train.  Went on board and the train left about 11:30 and headed for St. Helena. After that we got on a bus and went to a castle and took a tour and Mari tasted some wine directly from the barrel.  Mari and I decided to not go through the tasting and went outside and walked around.  We didn't realize that Mari had left her purse at a place we had been sitting, until we got back to the train station in Napa.  The driver called the winery and someone had turned in her purse and so we headed back to the winery to get her purse.  The driver had us follow him to the route we were to take.  On the way back, we stopped at Target and got Marissa some dinner and since we had some left overs from lunch, we got somethings to go with it.  Came back to the room and are watching the coverage of the tornado in Oklahoma.  It seems like such a different day than it was this morning.  Rory is on the cruise ship in Alaska, Mari and I were on a wine train and Marissa has been at the hotel all day watching TV.

I am tired tonight and it has been a good day for us.  Praying for the town of Moore, OK.

Good night, Trudi

Stairs leading up to the entrance


No comments:

Post a Comment