Thursday, May 23, 2013

Stability!

Good Morning!

It is overcast and rainy in Portland this morning and it is going to be nice to be in one place for a couple of days!  On our next trip we are going to one place and stay put for 5-7 days.  Mari and I are going to Old Town part of Portland and doing some exploring.  Marissa will probably stay around the hotel.  I know we want to go to Voodoo Donuts and there is a haunted pizza place.  We are leaving the car at the hotel and take public transportation.  It will be nice to not have to drive for a few days.

This is a picture of my dad with the girls many years ago.  This is a person I miss very much.

Rory was able to call this morning on his cell phone. Last night he called and was very unhappy, as he was missing us tremendously.  He had won $300 at poker.  You know the definition of insanity, well that is what I feel like I do with Rory, but I have to remember he is not going to change, as he is content with how things are.  He keeps remembering how things were at the beginning and he misses that.  Last night, I thought he could talk to him about what needs to change for me to be happy and this morning, when he was talking about poker, I knew nothing would be different.  He wants us to be like him and I can't be.

Anyway, Mari and I left about 11 and took the trolley into downtown Portland.  We found Old Town Pizza and had pizza for lunch.  Old Town Pizza is supposed to be haunted and is over the top of the Shanghai Tunnels, which we will see tomorrow.  We then walked to VooDoo Donuts and then to Pioneer Square.  We both got tired about that point and we were both not feeling well, so we decided to go back to the hotel.  Both of us took a nap.  It is nice to just hang out today and not to have to be driving constantly.

Well, I don't know if it was so much fun to just hang out and do nothing.  I felt very depressed.  Also being in downtown Portland, there is a lot of homeless people; but, I am learning that in most big cities, there are many homeless people.  Seeing that many was very depressing.  As I said recently, I need to be content in all situations.  I really would like to know what God wants me to see in this trip.  I want to see the beauty in nature and I want to escape reality on this trip.  I need to accept people for who they are.  I have been seeing the beauty in nature, especially along 101 and the coast.  In many ways, I do not want to deal with reality.

After I got up from my nap, the girls and I went downstairs, to the "market" and got snacks.  We have been having issues with the internet at the hotel, so we decided to watch TV and I got hooked on a program.  About 6, Marissa and I walked over to a restaurant and got dinner and brought it back.  We watched TV for most of the evening.  Right before I went to bed, Mari and I had a discussion about what we saw in downtown Portland.  Where I live in Orange County, the amount of homelessness I saw is not in my face all the time.  We did have someone come up to us and ask for money and he was going to give us his umbrella.  I did give him some money and I told him I did not want the umbrella, as he was the one who needed it.

Now that I think about it, this was an appropriate sign for today!

This was a building we saw in Port Orford!  It is old and I love the architecture.

Good Night!  Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment