Saturday, May 18, 2013

Touring today in Carmel, Soledad and Salinas

Good Morning from Salinas!

It is nice and cool!  There are some clouds around.  The girls heard a rooster this morning.  It is so funny, when we are home, the girls don't get up until about 8:30; but when we are on vacation, they are up at 6:30.

Marissa has decided to stay at the hotel today.  Mari and I are going to see the Mission in Carmel and do some touring in Carmel, then go to the Mission in Soledad and then see the old train station in Salinas.  I am going to take Mari to a place that I went to with my parents, a long time ago, for lunch, called The Tuck Box.  I hope the food is as good as I remember or maybe it was just the good memories.

No calls from Rory or home, so hopefully no news is good news!

This was the last time I came to Carmel with Mari, Brenda(a friend of mine in Northern CA), Valerie(who is no longer with us), me with longer hair and Marissa.  This was taken along the 17 mile drive.

After I posted this, I took a nap and when I got up, Mari was taking a nap.  When Mari woke up, Rory called and told me that a volcano had blown up in Alaska and he was not sure how it was going to affect his flight tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

Mari and I left about 10:30 and headed for Carmel and the Mission.   It is interesting to see the differences in California.  We are seeing so much farm land.  The Mission at Carmel is where Father Serra is buried and it is a beautiful Mission.

After the Mission, we went into the downtown part of Carmel to have lunch at Tuck Box.  Walked around town a little bit and then headed for Soledad to that Mission.  What a difference.  This Mission is in the middle of farm land and not as magnificent.  It is very simple!  On the way back, we stopped at Starbucks and then headed for the old train station in Salinas and then back to the hotel.  I still enjoy Residence Inn's, because of the size, but at this one, we have been having some issues, such as plumbing and we have a very noisy neighbor upstairs.  They do not walk softly.  Got some dinner from Red Lobster, as none of us felt like going out or eating heavy.

Having a relaxing evening in the room, with our friends upstairs, walking heavy.

Good night!  See you in the morning!  Trudi


More kitchen remodel!

No comments:

Post a Comment