Friday, May 31, 2013

Getting closer

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful sunny day in Sacramento!  I was outside for a few minutes this morning and it was really nice.  I know it is going to get warmer today, but I was enjoying the coolness of the morning.  We are heading for Santa Clarita today, which is a 5.5 hour drive.  I did not feel like fighting LA traffic tonight after driving all day, so we decided to stop just outside of Los Angeles and then have a two hour drive tomorrow.  I have been having some issues with my back, especially at the end of the day, so this is really a good idea.  Rory called this morning and he was complaining. He has been in Victoria, Canada.  He is going to a museum this morning and then having high tea this afternoon.  He will get on a float plane back to Vancouver and then on a train to Jasper(I think).  He is complaining about having no TV.


Mari decided to take a nap before we left.  Most of the trip, she has slept on the pullout bed and this morning the bed did not want to fold back up.  We got a maintenance man to fix it.  We packed up the car and then walked over to a place we knew that was near the hotel and got lunch.  That lunch ended up being out lunch and dinner.  I knew Marissa was struggling with having to be in a hotel one more day.  She started crying and would not tell us why she was crying.  She just really wanted to go home.  I told her it would depend on my back and how tired I was.  Even before I got to Santa Clarita, I told her we were going to go home.  We stopped at the hotel and told them we were not going to stay and they did not charge us.  We got home about 7:30 and my cat sitter was there.  I texted her from Santa Clarita and told her we were coming home tonight. It is really nice to be home.  Got the car totally unpacked and certain things done.  I am trying to do some things tonight.  I am going to bed at 10.

Driving along I5.

Good Night!  Trudi


No comments:

Post a Comment