Saturday, May 25, 2013

Actually seeing it for myself!

Good Morning!

The sun is actually out today and there are clouds.  We are leaving Portland today and headed for Seattle, WA.  On the way up, we are going to stop at the visitor center for Mt. St. Helens.  On May 18, 1980, I was in Spokane, WA at a convention and I was on the last plane out of Spokane, because we were headed for Idaho and then Los Angeles.  It will be interesting to see the real thing.  Last night, right before I was headed for bed, Mari tells me to look out the window and there were fireworks.  They are having the Rose Festival here in Portland this weekend.

This was taken at the Portland Rose Garden in Washington Park yesterday.

This was taken a couple of years ago!

The girls and I left about 11 to head for Seattle!  We stopped to get gas.  Found out that in Oregon, there are no self-serve, somebody pumps your gas for you.  It is ok, but not thrilled with that.  We also stopped to get a sandwich at a place we saw last night, when we were walking to get gas.  I like Portland, as there are a lot more coffee places than just the chain coffee places.  Headed up 5 and stopped to see Mt. St. Helens.  Interesting area!

On the way back, we stopped at this place that had cobbler, plus got our dinner and a jacket.  Hit the road for Seattle.  It is definitely a big city; whereas Portland has more of a small town feel, Seattle, definitely has a big city feel.  I will let you know my overall feel after tomorrow.  We are taking a city tour.  The girls have their own room, with their own beds and no one has to sleep on the pull out couch.    Hanging out in the suite tonight, as normal.

Good night!  Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment