Thursday, October 25, 2012

Getting out of the comfort zone

Good Morning! My alarm is the coffee maker that awoke me a little after 6. Got up and did my morning routine. Rory had decided to sleep in this morning. I really don't enjoy this time of year, because I go to bed, when it is dark and get up when it is dark. I like the cooler mornings and the leaves changing color, although we have not really seen much of that yet. We are supposed to get our Santa Ana winds tonight and tomorrow, which in a strange sort of way, I find exciting. Mari has school today from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. I will go walking at Dana Point Harbor after I drop her off at school, then I will go to Trader Joe's. This afternoon, I am going to take Mari her snack and dinner and go to the farmer's market and then Target. I did not go anywhere yesterday and really felt like I accomplished something. I am going to use Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays as my errand days, so that means I have to schedule dinners and the foods we need.
Got Mari to school and did my walk at Dana Point and then went to Trader Joe's and got dinners for the next few days. Came home and had lunch and now I am going to take my nap. Over the last few days, I have been having the word "learn" coming at me. I, also, heard a saying this morning that I found interesting-"Fail to plan, then plan to fail" The other saying I heard that I found interesting was "Show me your friends and I will show you your future." After I took my nap, I made dinner for all of us and a smoothie for Mari and I. Left at 3 to take Mari her smoothie and dinner. On the way back stopped at the farmer's market and Target. When I walked in the house, Rory was downstairs watching TV and asked if I wanted help. Most of the time, it is easier to just do it myself, which is what I did. I was able to somewhat organize the refrigerator as well. Got the rest of my morning chores done and then we got dinner together for the three of us. Marissa and I watched TV. She did dishes and I am doing stuff on the computer. Unless, Mari calls me earlier, I will leave at 9, to go pick her up from school. After talking to a friend this afternoon I am not sure what we are doing this weekend. We were going to Hollywood Forever Cemetery to see Dia de los Muertos, but it costs $10 per person to get in and I am not sure if I want to spend that much money. I want to talk to Mari and see what she wants to do. I have some ideas for a change, but we will see.
Good night. Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment