Friday, October 26, 2012

What happened to...

Good Morning! It is Friday, which means Mari does not have to be at school. We have decided we are going to walk today, since we did not walk on Wednesday. When I got up this morning, I was really tired of the bed and I could not get comfortable. Rory was awake and as I was getting ready to get into the shower, he has to show me what he wants for Christmas. I dread the holidays and have ever since my dad got sick and died. The four of us are together all the time and for me Thanksgiving and Christmas days are just like any other day. What happened to the excitement of spending the holidays with family. Thanksgiving becomes all about the food and Christmas becomes all about the food and the gifts. With Christmas, I love going around and looking at all the lights, so that is one part of Christmas I do enjoy. I love the music and the decorations. With Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all I have, but I really would like to not make it all about the food. I was also looking forward to the wind, but the Santa Ana winds were sort of a bust. We had a little bit of it last night, but no big deal. Mari and I were going to Hollywood Forever Cemetery tomorrow, until I found out, you have to pay $10 per person to get in. I can go see Dia de los Muertos for free in other places. We have decided we are either going to Julian or to Old Town in San Diego and see Day of the Dead. I had better get Rory's breakfast and then get Mari up at 8 and go walking. I am going with a friend today to give her support while she has a mammogram. Rory is working and then he is going away for the weekend.
Mari and I did our walk at the park. I am wondering what happened to our walking buddy, as we have not seen him all week. Came home and made breakfast. I have gotten some of my morning routine done and now I am going to go take a nap. Got up in time to make the rest of Rory's lunch and coffee and help him with his shoes before he left for work. Had lunch and watched TV. Finished my morning routine and left at 1:50 to take my friend to get the mammogram. Luckily, everything is fine. We went to Trader Joe's and then came home and picked up the girls and went out for Thai food. I am going to go upstairs and read at 9 and to bed at 10. Overall, it was a fun time out with my friend. Good night, Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment