Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ultimate Blog Challenge-Day 2-Food and Health

Good Morning! I am really making an effort to get up at 6 every morning, as that way I have a chance to have some relaxed quiet time and I don't feel like I am rushed. Since July 20th, I have been working at losing weight. I have gotten rid of 12 pounds, but I seem to be at a plateau. I have been doing stretching exercises every morning, as well as walking 2 miles almost every day. Rory was hurting last night from the walking he had to do and being in the heat. He was not in the greatest of moods as well. When he is like this, it makes it difficult for me to be in a good mood, but I try to put on a happy face and go on. I am sorry, but in many ways, I cannot feel sorry for him, because most of his problems he caused himself. Mari has school today, so I take her to school and get my errands done. Mari and I are going walking at the park today and we are having overnight oatmeal made in the crockpot. My goal for today is to get Rory's meds ordered and work on getting Mari her health insurance. This picture I titled "flowers in the kitchen", which is perfect for my title "food and health"
Mari and I did our morning walk of 2 miles and then came home to crockpot oatmeal. It was good. We had oatmeal and sausage. Now I am doing my morning routine. Tried to take a nap, but wasn't very successful. We have to have an early lunch on Tuesday, as Mari has to be at school at 1, which means we need to leave around 12:15 p.m. Got her to school and then stopped by Trader Joe's on the way home and then to Target to get Mari's prescription. The fun and games of having twins and having them on the same medication. When we got Marissa's filled the last time, the pharmacist got the girls mixed up and started to give Marissa, Mari's amount of pills and forgot to change it in the computer. Fortunately, the assistant went back through the receipts and ended up filling Mari's prescription. My goal for today was to work on getting Mari her medical insurance, since she has been turned down my one company, so we are trying a company having to do with pre-existing conditions, which she has. I have been putting this off and finally did it. It felt so good. Went down to pick up Mari about 4, went by Target to get Mari's prescriptions and then to Michael's to get some backs for earrings. Rory also found out some info he wanted to find out, which was good. Overall, it was a good day. Need to make dinner now. It is really fun in this house trying to satisfy four people. The girls and I usually like the same thing and we all have a similar goal in mind of losing weight. Rory, on the other hand is a different story. He really doesn't care about his weight and there are some days I can serve him something and about a week later, I serve him something similar and he hates it. In many ways, I try to please everyone, but I have had more fun cooking, when I am having fun with the cooking and not trying to please mainly Rory. Mari and I are going to watch NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles and then I am headed for bed. Good night. Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment