Friday, October 12, 2012

Ultimate Blog Challenge #12-Getting a break

Good Morning! It's Friday! YEAH! Rory stayed overnight in Torrance, so he could sleep in a little later and not have to fight traffic. I got a night to myself and I did not have to set the coffee maker for 6 a.m. I slept until 6:15, got up and used the restroom and went back to bed and just enjoyed lying in bed by myself. Rory called me about 6:40 a.m. and said that he had a medical problem and I thought to myself, Oh no! He was cleaning out his ears and got some of the cotton stuck in his ear. I know how he cleans out his ears and it is not gentle. He asked me to call the VA and set up an appointment for Monday, which I will try to do. I looked up online what to do, when I actually got up and it just says to pour a little bit of olive oil or baby oil in the ear and put your head on its side and the cotton should come out. It also recommended going to urgent care. I called him back and left a message. We will see what he does. Nothing I can do from this end. When he called, I was just starting to feel relaxed, which was nice. Doing my morning routine, but I am not going walking. I know I will be walking the next couple of days. I heard Mari up blowing her nose. I really hope she got some sleep last night. Today is pretty much a nothing day. I know I have some errands to do, but that is pretty much the extent of my day.
It is 10 a.m. and the girls are not up yet, plus I have not heard anything from Rory since this morning, now that could be good or bad. I did call the telephone advice nurse with the VA and she said I was doing the right thing and then I called the VA office where he usually goes and I don't know whether the woman was joking or not, but she said, "the spouse is supposed to do everything" and I asked her if she was kidding. Made banana pancakes for breakfast with turkey bacon. Yum! Now I need to get my coffee. Just enjoying the quiet, while I can. After Marissa came downstairs, she said that she had gotten a message from me about putting olive oil in her ears and the message was from me. I had accidentally called her instead of Rory. When you deal with all of the emotional stuff I deal with, it is nice to take naps and be somewhat lazy. I took a nap this morning for about 45 minutes, when Rory called. I told him what I had found out and he said he was not having a problem with the cotton and he did not have time to go to Urgent Care today unless they were open after 5 and if he only had to wait for a few minutes. He said he would go to the VA on Monday. Everything has to be done like now. It is SO nice to have a break. OK, time to go get lunch. When Rory is not home, it is so peaceful and I feel like I don't want to go out, I just want to be able to enjoy my home. When Rory is home, the girls and I sit on pins and needles waiting for him to come out of "his" room and talk or want something. It is not a fun way to live. There is a lot of anxiety in our life. Anyway, I am enjoying the time he is gone. I know he will call later and want to know what is in the mail. Marissa and I are going out and run a couple of errands. Lately I have gotten into food blogs and I am being a lot more creative with my food. My dad was an awesome cook and I loved his food and I miss it. Food is comfort and love to me. I am really trying to be more into healthy food lately and I am finding it can be good. As I have said before, I am enjoying my produce box and learning how to cook the vegetables that I get. I don't want them to go to waste.
After lunch, Marissa and I ran some errands and then I got some alone time. Yesterday, when I was at The Farmer's Market, I picked up some Indian food and that was our dinner. While we had dinner, we watched Ghost Adventures and Dead Files. Having some down time until 9, when I am going upstairs and read and then turn off the light at 10. It is so nice to have the bedroom to myself and to have the freedom to go up to our bedroom when I want. Good night. Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment