Monday, November 5, 2012

An adventure

Good Morning! Up at 6 this morning! I love it when it is light out when I get up. Mari has school today and Marissa has decided to volunteer at the Pacific Marine Mammal Center, so we are taking her application to them today. Rory has a dental appointment this morning. Every time we go to Los Angeles, it is an adventure. The train issue was interesting. Seeing the homeless people is sad and along Hollywood Blvd., there are many. Seeing the wall art; which we used to know as graffiti, was interesting. There are some good artists out there, if they are just given some free canvases. I don't want to live in Los Angeles, but I find it interesting to visit. The history, the architecture, the culture. I have a Franklin Covey and the quote today was from Eleanor Roosevelt: "Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give." I have had my little camera for a year now! This is one of the first pictures I took with it. This is near where one of Mari's classes is.
This is Irvine station, where we left from to go up to Hollywood. This is a southbound train and I am walking over the bridge to get to where the northbound train will be located. Got my morning computer routine done and then did house stuff. Took a nap in the middle of all of this, as well as having lunch, taking Mari to school and running an errand. Did some filing and now I get to edit pictures. I am really finding I enjoy exploring and not having to stay home and do housework. I know I can't do exploring all the time. Looking at the pictures, brings back the memories. I like to look at things the way I actually see them and not make a picture different than what I really saw it. Yes, I do like pictures to look like a painting, but I still want the picture to look like what I saw. There are things I can get outside of the box with and then there are things I can't get outside of the box. I do want to learn new software for editing pictures, but I still want a picture to look like what I saw. I don't mind black & white or sepia or having a B&W picture with some of the color in the middle. Thank you to whoever reads this for letting me unload. Better get to editing before I have to make dinner.
Made dinner for the three of us, as Mari is at school tonight. It is nice to be able to enjoy something I made and not have to be concerned if Rory likes it or not. He got a Hungry Man dinner, which is what he asked for. Watched the last episode of Anthony Bourdain. Editing pictures for the rest of the evening, until I leave to pick up Mari. Good night. Going to do some reading and then leave to pick up Mari. Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment