Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wanting more, wanting less

Good Morning! Overall, I am a happy camper this morning, it is raining. Mari has school all day today, but there are only two more Thursdays after today, before the end of school. Rory has a habit in the morning of calling the bank to find out the balances in our and his checking accounts. He had bought something for the "family" for Christmas and had been charged twice, which is wrong. I know when I say that he bought something for the "family", I should think it as nice, but he goes overboard with Christmas, as with most things. My saying is "less is more" and to him he wants more, more, more. We are "so" on two different planets. He really doesn't get it. I can talk till I am blue in the face, and he won't get it. The girls and I want things simple!!! It is major frustrating. I could walk out of this house with my daughters, my computer, Sweet Pea, my Kindle and photo albums and be totally happy. Need to get out of here early, so better get going! Eating breakfast and watching TV with Mari. We were out the door by 9:15 a.m. Took Mari to school and since it was misting and a friend wanted to meet up for coffee, I decided to go to Target, stop by home and drop things off and then go to Starbucks. Met up with my friend, which was nice. Came home had lunch and now I am going to take a nap. I had made an appointment for today to have the heater checked. I get very frustrated with some handymen, who come off as knowing what they are doing and later find out that they really don't know what they are doing. Aargh! Got my nap! Naps are so nice! I got to thinking about a problem Rory and I had and that is called communication and control. We each want our own way, but how do we go about changing this, when one of us is very selfish and always wants things his way. I have a tendency to control, as I feel like I am trying to be responsible both with our health and money. Making an early dinner, as I have to take Mari her dinner and snack. I tend to like making meals early, then all I have to do is heat it up around 6 and we have dinner. Left to take Mari her dinner and smoothie and on the way back, stopped at our local Farmer's Market. For those of you who live near me, there is a Farmer's Market in Foothill Ranch on Thursday from 3-7. Next week they are having a boutique from 11-7, as well as the Farmer's Market. If you live in other areas there are other Farmer's Markets. Support them, as these are small businesses, trying to earn a living. Came home and put stuff away. Now getting some quiet time. Put dinner together and watched TV with Marissa. Mari called early, so went down to pick her up and came home. She was tired, so we stopped at Starbucks. Going to do some writing on my Virtual Concierge blog and then read at 9 and then to bed at 10. Good night. Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment