Friday, November 23, 2012

Confidence

Good Morning! Up and doing my morning routine! Thankful for the quietness of the morning. Today, I am taking my car in for an oil change. Yesterday, when Mari and I were taking our walk around the lake, we were talking about confidence and I realized that I let my confidence get in the way of many things. In some ways I like to cook, but I let Rory get in the way of my enjoyment. I like to take pictures, but more to share than to really move forward. I am not comfortable or happy in my little box, but in many ways I am. A couple of weeks ago, I made some macaroni and cheese and I was not thrilled with it, but the girls loved it and want me to make more. I need to remember I am good enough. What is important? I would love to be a tour guide and share my knowledge with others. I do like food, but do I want to cook, or let someone else deal with the put downs. Trying to get Thanksgiving dinner together was hard, as my ADHD kicked in and I was trying to do too many things at once. I want to make a list today(one day at a time) of things I want to accomplish and projects I can do. I need to make a menu and stick to it. I really do want to lose weight, but I don't have to be perfect. I have to remember that I don't have to be perfect. I just need to be me!
Took my car down to have the oil changed. Rory brought me home. Luckily I have nothing really to do today that I need the car for. I am going to take a nap. While I was taking a nap, Big O called and said the car was done. Called Rory and he is coming to pick me up. Got my lunch and went to get my car. It was nice to have my car back. Stopped by the bank and then went to see if a bike shop would fix Marissa's bike. Came home and will be home for the rest of the day, I think. Getting Marissa to see if she can be approved by Kaiser for medical insurance. Working on typing my other blog and took another nap. Rest is good! Edited one picture and now going for a walk by myself. I could easily talk myself out of it, but I am going.
Did my walk and when I got back, Rory was sitting downstairs watching the news. He took his car in for service and right at the end, the power went out at the dealership and his car was stuck on the lift and they could not do paper work. They did get his car down. He was trying to watch the news, to see what caused the power outage. I have really needed quiet today. Mari and I got dinner together. Watched some TV. I am tired tonight, so going to do my reading at 9 and then go to bed. Good night. Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment