Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Not of this world

Good Morning! In the past, I have struggled with the holidays, because my dad is not with us any longer, but as the years went on, I got better about. This year I am struggling with the holidays because of what Christmas has become. Right after Halloween, I started seeing Christmas decorations. Can we wait until after Thanksgiving or have we forgotten Thanksgiving? Everything, nowadays has to be big, why can't things be simple. I live with this in my own house as well. Target is opening at 9 p.m. on Thanksgiving, so people can shop and their employees don't get to spend the whole day of Thanksgiving with their family. This is ridiculous. More is not better! Up around 6 and doing my morning routine. The girls of us are home today and Rory has to work from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Mari and I are going for a walk this morning.
Got back from walk and had breakfast and did my morning routine. Took a nap. A daughter of a friend of mine is here for a week and I am hoping to get to see them both. I found out that Marissa's cable box quit last night, so after lunch we went out to Cox to get a new one and then we had a hard time getting it to work. Had to call tech support to get it to work, but by the time we did that it was too late to go down and see my friend, so Marissa and I ran an errand and I took her to Peet's coffee. Came home and put stuff away. This morning Rory told me that our attorney might be sending something for Christmas and because he is Mormon, it might say from friend, as it might include liquor. I did not think anything about it at the time. A couple of weeks ago, Rory was going to order champagne and I got upset with him about it and later he said he did not order it and he threw the magazine away. Today we got a box and I told him about it, as he was at work and he said, oh this must be from our attorney. The more I got to thinking about it, I really believe this is what Rory ordered and he did not want me to get upset with him, so he said it was from our attorney. He does things like this from time to time and I really don't trust him. Better get to making dinner, as I am making homemade macaroni and cheese. Had dinner and watched some TV. Having quiet time until 9 and then will watch some more TV with Mari. Marissa did not sleep well last night due to the cable box and its problem. Any change and she does not sleep well or she gets anxious.
After we watch TV, then I am going to bed. Rory is supposed to be home around midnight. Good night. Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment