Saturday, March 23, 2013

A parade for today

Good Morning!

I am up early this morning, as I thought I had to be out of the house by 8:20 to catch a train to San Juan Capistrano.  I thought the train was leaving Irvine at 9:01, instead it leaves at 9:30, so I can leave the house at 8:45 and be there on time.    I am taking a 15 minute train ride, so that I can leave my car in Irvine and not have to walk several miles to park the car and get to the mission.  The train station in San Juan Capistrano is about 5 minutes from the mission.  Yes, it is costing me $10 each way, but so worth it.  The parade starts at 11 and the docents are having lunch after the parade, right near the train station. Coming back, there is a train at 2 and 3.  The docents are in the parade.  Today, should be fun!  I am so ready for that!

I left about 8:45 and headed for Irvine train station.  The train was on time and got to San Juan Capistrano about 9:50.  Walked over to the mission and met up with the other docents.  We walked over to where we had to get in line for the parade.  There were lots of horses in the parade, as well as kids.  The parade was fun.  I have never been in a parade before and this was fun.

After the parade, the docents went over to a nearby restaurant and had lunch.  It was an enjoyable day.  After lunch I walked over and waited for the train to take me back to Irvine.  Stopped by Trader Joe's on the way home and got stuff for dinner.  Came home and took a nap.  Rory has been out all day and so far nothing has happened, that I am aware of.  The girls and I had dinner and we are watching TV.

Going to read at 9 and turned off the light at 10.

Good Night.  Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment