Thursday, March 7, 2013

Preserving history

Good Morning!

When I woke up this morning, I was not the most up person in the world and my post was going to be that my mood was like the weather, but then I got to thinking about yesterday at the Mission, when I was taking a tour of the new Gate House and how there has been a decline in the amount of people who visit historical sites and to me that is sad!  I would like to take videos of old places or old houses and put it on here or YouTube or wherever  else I can put it.  I hate when I hear that old buildings are torn down.  I am not saying we have to keep all the old buildings, but certain ones need to be restored and kept.  I want to also be a part of historical societies, which I am doing and learn as much as I can about historical places.  I need to make the time to work on this and stop letting other things getting in the way.  I know I have responsibilities as a wife and mom.  I know I need to take care of myself.  I want to have the energy to do these things.

Today, the girls and I have nothing planned, so a good time to work on my historical stuff.  Rory has a dentist appointment.

After I wrote this post, I got some energy, which I didn't have at the beginning.  Overall, I think the weather is affecting my energy.  Got my computer stuff done, did laundry and continued to work on a budget for this year.  I know a little behind the times.  Took a nap, finished up my Victorian times for my virtual concierge blog, had lunch, ran errands and then went back to the canyons and took some pictures.


I was just reading someone else's blog and they were talking about how long can you not complain.  It is a pastor who started this.  The person who was writing this could not make it through one morning without complaining.

Mari and I decided we were not going to plan much for this weekend, as we have been going non-stop the last couple of weeks.  Worked on my pictures, made dinner, colored my hair and just relaxed.  Going to do some reading and then to bed.

Good Night.  Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment