Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Nice to have support

Good Morning!  Overcast and dreary and I did not have the best sleep!

Marissa has counseling today and that is the only thing planned.  I am going to walk Balboa Island while Marissa is in counseling.

I am sorry, but I need to vent some frustration I have been dealing with, with Rory.  Rory has been going to a class called "Move" at the VA on Monday mornings.  Long Beach VA is the main campus for VA and there are lots of people there and they do have valet parking.  Rory will not use the valet, as he is afraid someone will steal something out of his car, so he has to park a ways away from where he needs to go.  He really cannot walk very far, so, when he gets home, he complains to no end and when he walked in yesterday, he said he heard something pop and I thought he was talking about his foot, as he was really having problems walking, more than usual.   He went upstairs and laid down the rest of the day.  He came down last night and he wanted me to look at his left foot and it was very swollen.  He had also called our local VA office and they would not X-ray his foot for about 2 weeks.  I told him I would call his telephone advice nurse this morning, which I did.  She his going to get in touch with his doctor and get an order for an X-ray of his foot to be done in Long Beach.  Last night we tried to call the VA and I just sat on hold.  I finally got to the point of saying, why I was holding on to the phone, when Rory should be doing this, but he wasn't interested, so why should I.  Once the order is gotten for the X-ray, then Rory will have to go back to Long Beach, which he does not want to do and he said I have to go with him, as he will not park at the valet.  I told him, I would not go.  He is going to park his car someplace and get a cab to take him to the VA.  Overall, Rory does not want to take care of himself.  He is planning to go to work tomorrow at the docks, where he has to stand for 8 hours, then it will take him 2-3 days to recover.

I am really thankful to have Maggie(telephone advice nurse) for support.  I am also thankful for my daughters, who I know get fed up with what is going on around here.  I am also thankful for friends who "get it" with what I live with.

Here is to a more positive day!

One more question?  For those who watch "Biggest Loser", did anyone have a problem with what Danni looked like?  I was proud of how much weight she lost, but I did not like how she looked like.

Rory did go to Urgent Care and they are concerned that he may either have a blood clot or a torn Achilles tendon.  We are going at 5 p.m. to have a CT scan.  Earlier this afternoon, I had to battle the VA to get reimbursed and to get an appointment with his primary care provider.  Such a fun afternoon! NOT!

After we left Urgent care, we stopped to get Rory some lunch and then to Starbucks.  I drove my car over to Urgent Care and then drove Rory's car home and then I had a neighbor drive me back to get my car.  Luckily, he was taking his son to Tai Kwon Do(sp?), which was right near where my car was.  We left about 4:15 to go down to have the CT Scan and found out that they had ordered it has two ultra-sounds and the doctor had ordered a CT Scan.  Rory never had either one done and we go back tomorrow for an MRI.  Came home and the girls had made dinner.  Ate dinner and have spent the rest of the evening doing computer stuff.  Had a Kahlua and cream as well.  I have not had one of those in a long, long time.

Going to do reading at 9 and to bed at 10.  My photo of the day was taken from my iPhone and is on FB and is of the Urgent Care office.

Good night!  Trudi


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear Trudi, this all sounds like much too much. Good on ya for coping as well as you are. Love E

    ReplyDelete