Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve, Rainy Day and Monday

Good Morning!
I don't mean to complain, but it is not easy to live with someone who is selfish. We have a fan that runs during the night and this morning, before I was ready to get up, Rory decided to turn it off. After 30+ years of living with him, I have become very used to the fan and I had turned it on me during the night, as I was on the warm side. It doesn't help to say anything to him, as all he does is say he is cold. He also woke me up coughing/gagging about 2 in the morning. We have Claritin, but he does not take it on a regular basis. Minor detail, he wears short sleeve shirts on cold and warm day and just walked out the door without a jacket. It is cold and rainy this morning. A friend of mine invited us to go to the Christmas Eve service today at 1 p.m., so Mari and I are going. There is a song called "Rainy Days and Mondays" and one of the lyrics, says get me down and that is the way I felt, when I first got up this morning. Doing better, since I have had alone time. Doing my morning computer routine. Mari just got up. I took a nap and then did laundry and trash. Going to leave about 12:25 p.m. to get to church. Service starts at 1 p.m. I love Saddleback Church, but I never know how many people are going to be there and Saddleback is a huge church. This is part of the reason I don't go to holiday services, but I thought I would this time. Part of me would like to get back to going to services, but I don't want it to become something more I have to do, plus many people do not understand the people I live with and the disabilities they have. I just need a listening ear, not someone telling me what to do. Plus I feel guilty, when I can't do certain things. The amount of people is chaotic as well.
Went to service and I am really glad I did. Sat with my friend and her two grandchildren. Mari and I are talking about going back to services at Saddleback. Mari had not had lunch before we left for service, so after service, we went to In N'Out to get her a hamburger for lunch and then we went to Yogurtland. Picked up Marissa on the way out. When we got home, Rory was downstairs watching TV. This is what I just love about the holidays, Rory has to be downstairs watching TV and I have no place to go for quiet time. He went upstairs and now I am getting quiet time. Emotions are exhausting. Took another short nap, as I was exhausted. Need to check on the laundry, as Rory wants an outfit for tomorrow. We shall see! He is already packed for his week long trip to Vegas. Want to read a little bit before dinner and the rest of the evening I am going to edit more Christmas pictures. Made dinner and watched TV. On the way home from Yogurtland, we saw some people putting up luminaries, so Mari and I made a quick out to look at them and do some light looking, as they were in our neighborhood. Getting some laundry done for Rory. I am now headed for bed. Good night. Trudi
Christmas tree at Olvera Street in Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment