Friday, December 28, 2012

Thank goodness for rest periods

This is a picture of the reception area at Los Angeles Union Station. It is no longer used for people, but they do film things in this area. Good Morning! I am very glad for many reasons that Rory is in Vegas until January 2, 2013. He started this cold on Christmas Day, the girls came down with it, the day after and I started it yesterday. With Rory gone, I can go upstairs and sleep when I want to and I can actually sleep in. I did not get up until 7:15 a.m. It was so nice to have quiet. Mari got up about 30 minutes ago and Marissa is not up as yet. I am going to go take a nap. The only thing on the agenda for today is hair. One thing with this cold, is that I am sleeping like a log. Marissa is now up and not feeling the best. Did house stuff and computer stuff! Yesterday, I felt like I had more energy. I know it is ok to sleep and rest . Had lunch and watched TV with Mari.
Getty Center in Los Angeles, CA After lunch, Mari and I headed out to get hair trims and go to Target, then to Yogurtland. Came home and I took another nap. Mari made dinner tonight, as she had energy and I did not. It was good. We watched TV and then colored my hair. I have been reading a couple of blogs and both authors have talked about coming up with a word for the year. It has been along time, since I have come up with a resolution, but I like the idea of coming up with a word. I believe my word would be "simple". Since Rory has been gone, I have realized that I cannot relax in our room, as there are so many things. As, I now have a Kindle, I am getting rid of my books in our room. I really do need to work on the storage unit, as it is something I keep meaning to do. I feel more relaxed in the living room than any other place. I really need to work on getting my house simple. The only issue is that I live with three other people. Something else, I notice about myself, is that I come up with a schedule for myself and I don't relax and enjoy. I have told myself, I am not going out on photo field trips on Sundays, as I want to get laundry going and I want to make a menu for the week. I could do this on Saturdays and Mondays. I need to relax and enjoy. I am very hard on myself. Going upstairs at 9 and read and then go to bed at 10. Hopefully, I feel better tomorrow, as I really want to go to LACMA. I am starting to get antsy. Good night, Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment