Saturday, January 5, 2013

Off to explore the big city-Day 5

Good Morning! Mari and I are off to explore the Silver Lake area of Los Angeles; which is best known for its eclectic gathering of hipsters and artists. It also has some of the most modernist architecture in North America. The neighborhood is named after Water Board Commissioner Herman Silver. There is a reservoir, which is composed of two basins. The lower one was named for Herman Silver in 1906 and the upper one is named Ivanhoe. It was named in 1819 for Sir Walter Scott. In the 1930's Walt Disney built his first large studio at the corner of Griffith Park and Hyperion. It is now the site of a Gelson's market. The area was originally called "Ivanhoe", because one person saw the green hills of Scotland.
This picture was taken in Torrey Pines, a beautiful place overlooking the ocean. Better get my morning computer routine completed. Computer routine completed and nap done and now Mari and I have decided we don't really want to go to LA. We are not sure what we want to do, but I am sure we will find something. I have been wanting to get Mari to Huntington Beach, so I think that is what we are going to do. I can get some pictures of wall art(urban art).
Mari and I left here about 1 and went to Smart and Final to get Perrier water and sodas for Rory, then we went to Huntington Beach and walked around on Main Street. This was fun. We stopped and got some gelato(yum!). Then we were headed for home. Stopped at Panda Express to get Rory his dinner. We were going to meet my friend for dinner at 5. The restaurant she wanted to go to, was not there anymore, so we went to another sushi place. The food was good. Stopped at Trader Joe's on the way home. Rory was downstairs when we got home and was eating dinner. He had wanted me to serve it to him at 4:30, but I figured he could come downstairs and get it, as I didn't think he would want it then. Now he is downstairs for the rest of the evening and I am upstairs in my room, but I have to go downstairs to get him his tea, his apple pie and give Sweet Pea her insulin shot. It is quieter up here than it is downstairs, so I guess I should be thankful. Going to edit my pictures from today, then read and go to bed. Good Night, Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment