Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Decisiveness

Good Morning!  It is windy, sunny and slightly warm this morning.

A couple of weeks ago, when I picked up Mari from school on a Tuesday night, she told me that she was going camping in Joshua Tree.  That is something we normally do not do in this family.  When I was growing up, I was in the Girl Scouts and I did camp, but it was not one of my favorite things.  The first time I went to Europe, the group I was with camped for 42 days.  Anyway, one of the teachers, who teach photography, decided he wanted to go to Joshua Tree, as it does have some beautiful wildflowers and rock formations.  It is a place I have wanted to go and so has Mari.  Mari's videography teacher and typography teacher decided they wanted to go.  The problem is that these two classes are on Tuesday and Mari does have a class on Monday nights and on Wednesday mornings.  It is a three hour drive from here to Joshua Tree, so it is going to be a long day.  They have been trying all sorts of ideas of when to do this.  Mari and I and her  teachers on Monday and Wednesday are not thrilled with this, as it is affecting a number of students in each of their class, plus we are getting close to the end of the semester.  Yesterday, there was a lot of discussion about how this was going to work. A friend of Mari's was/is going out on Monday night and stay the night.  The girls would not get there until 1 a.m. and how much sleep would they get and then have to drive back on Tuesday night and who knows when they would get back and then have to be up the next morning for school.    Not many people were making firm commitments and the teachers who are planning this, are not being real decisive about things as well.  I asked Mari what time she would want to leave on Tuesday morning and would she like me to drive and she said yes!  Yes, it is going to be a long day, but something I would like to do.  We are going to leave about 8:30 a.m. and get back about 10 p.m.  Rory and Marissa are going to have to take care of themselves and Rory has accepted that.  I just wish this would have been planned a little earlier in the semester and people would be more decisive.  That is one of my pet peeves, as I am a planner.  This will take place in a couple of weeks.

I have a meeting at the Mission this morning and the rest of my day is doing home stuff and getting a walk.

Left the house at 10 and headed for the Mission for a meeting for all of the volunteers.  Interesting things!  The woman who headed the meeting, I have a lot of respect for.  She was talking about accomplishing goals and the way she put it, I felt like I could do this at home.  I need to learn to be patient and know that some of these are not going to happen overnight.  She has been at the Mission for 10 years and has just finished accomplishing the big goals.  One of the things that they want to do in the next year, is to see if an original painting that is in Serra chapel can be saved.  A copy of the original was put over the top of the original and now they want to take down the copy and see if the original is worth saving.  If it is, they are going to keep it in Serra chapel and allow the public to watch it be saved.    Exciting things!

The gardens at the Mission are in full bloom!  I have never seen this color poppy before!  Got lunch on the way home.  Rory wanted to talk and then I took a nap.  Went to the storage unit and worked on it for a little bit.  Since I have finished the budget, this is my next goal.  Yes, Marissa and I are going to do a pet sitting online class as well.  I also went to Target.  Came home and put things away and I am now working on my pictures.  Need to get dinner, but wanted to do this first.  It has been a good day.  I am concerned about Rory, as he said he fell on his back in our bedroom, but the girls were home and heard nothing.  Will talk to the orthopedist on Monday.  Recently he also closed his thumb in his car door.

Made dinner with some help from Mari.  Mari and I watched part of a DVD about Abraham and Mary Lincoln. I love watching these, as it puts more of a person with a name.  Doing computer and reading stuff for an hour, then we will watch "Haunted Collector" and then I am going to bed.

Good Night!  Trudi




No comments:

Post a Comment