Friday, April 26, 2013

Life is a marathon!

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful sunny day!  There is an elementary school near us and the school is having Olympic Day today and about 7:45 a.m, somebody from school was talking on the PA system.  Rory decided to turn on the A/C, so he could close the windows in our room and not hear the noise.  Rory has an issue with trying to separate out two different noises, without it become one undistinguishable noise.

Yesterday when Mari was not feeling well, I thought it was dehydration and now I really believe it had to do with stress.  I really believe life is a marathon and you have to pace yourself.  This week, went a little different than normal, which I expected.   I know when I was in Europe in 1976, I think the stress hit me on the trip and I got sick!  Back to normal pace today and taking tomorrow off.

I had a tour at the Mission today, that I really enjoyed.  It is nice when I have the teacher with me and the tour went longer than an hour.  I think that the 1.5 hour tour I did last Friday, really helped to get me comfortable with doing tours.  Explore, learn and teach that is me.  Went across the street to Starbucks and got lunch and then came home.  Rory had decided to take off for the afternoon, which was nice.  Ate lunch and then took a nap.  My nap was interrupted by a telephone call from the VA, wanting to set up an eye appointment for Rory.  I am going to have to go with him, as they are going to dilate his eyes.  Mari, Marissa and I went to Laguna so that Mari could pick up something from one of her teachers and then we went into the town part of Laguna to take some pictures, pick up some dinner for Rory and a snack for us.  On the way home, went by Target and picked up some things we needed.  Came home and making dinner.  Going to watch Dead Files.  Rory is still not home and we will see what the rest of the evening brings.

Made dinner for us and Mari made dinner for Rory.  As we were watching Dead Files, Marissa brought up our trip and she was feeling it was too long.  She has a hard time dealing with lots of people.  I am looking at how we can cut it back.  Thank goodness, I have time to do this, I hope.  It would be nice to have a little longer at home without Rory.  That is also a vacation.

I am tired and I am headed for bed.  I need to remember, as well, that this is a marathon and to pace myself.

Good Night.  Trudi

Flamingo at the San Diego Zoo-taken one year ago today!

No comments:

Post a Comment