Monday, April 1, 2013

Verses and I made it past a barricade

Good Morning!

It is a cloudy morning, but the birds are singing and I have quiet!  I treasure my quietness and I have gratitude for being able to hear the birds singing in the morning.  I am also grateful for the coolness of the morning.

This is one of my favorite verses from the Bible.  I was reading an article in the paper yesterday about a young man who had leukemia and before they discovered he had leukemia, he discovered he had a passion for singing and now he sings for people who deal with leukemia and this verse has become his life verse.  Joshua 1:9 as taken from the New International Version of the Bible-"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  I really need to memorize this verse and remember what it says.

I have been working with My Fitness Pal over the last month or so and it has been working, but I have still been sitting in a range that I have been at for several months.  Finally, this morning, I broke through that barrier.  My goal again for this week is to walk Monday through Friday.



Mari has school from 4-10 today and I am so proud of her as yesterday, she really used her time wisely.    After I drop her off at school, I am going to Balboa Island and walk.  Since Target was closed yesterday,  I need to get there as well.  I am proud of Marissa as well, as she has been getting out and doing things every day.  Rory has a doctor appointment to have his eyes checked.

Doing my morning computer routine.  My laundry routine consists of doing underwear first for Rory and I, as the girls "do their own", which I help with, but they don't do it every week.  I got underwear done and put away.  Clothes are in the dryer and towels are in the washer.  I have a friend who gets two loads done before for her kids leave for school and I don't know how she does it.  It takes me longer to do laundry when I have to help the girls.  Took a nap, as I needed it.  I am going to talk to the doctor on April 11 about my thyroid.  My mom dealt with it and now Mari is dealing with it.  I do not know if this is genetic or not.   Going to work on my mission blog and I was also working on blogs I want to write.  One is going to be-Big cities, Small towns and the first small town I am going to write about is Ventura, since I am writing about Mission San Buenaventura.  My other one will be my Gypsy Mom virtual Concierge and I am going to work through counties and write about the history of that county during Victorian times, talk about Victorian architecture and show pictures of old houses during that time period and write about their history, old cemeteries, ghost towns, old railroad stations, lighthouses, wall art, road trips and historic highways/roads.  My mission blog is also going to be about old churches in the USA, pueblos and El Camino Real.

I don't know why, but I realized today that what we really drives me nuts with Rory is OCD.  It is not so much his Asperger's.  Did my mission blog and then had lunch and then worked on filing financial things, plus trying to get some money back for some of the medical issues we dealt with with Rory.  I feel like it was a successful day.  The girls and I left about 2:30 to go to Starbucks and then to Target and then take Mari to school.  Marissa and I walked at Balboa Island and then came home.  Rory had not come home as yet.  We had dinner and I finished watching Eleanor Roosevelt.  Need to get my picture done and leave at 8:45 to get Mari.  Rory got home about 7:30 and I got him dinner.

Good night!  Trudi


No comments:

Post a Comment