Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lions and tigers and bears of old

It has been a fun, exhausting and emotional day.

Mari and I had plans to go to the Old Los Angeles Zoo, that was closed in 1965, but you can still walk through the zoo without animals.  It is really very small and very hard to find.  The zoo is located in Griffith Park.  We were meeting a group at noon at the zoo, so we left here about 10:30 and went to the gas station, bank and, of course, Starbucks, and then headed for Los Angeles.  Before, we left, a friend of mine messaged me that our pastor's son had committed suicide last night.  How very sad and my prayers go out to the family.  After the last few days of the two teens being lost in Trabuco Canyon, which is very close to my house and then my pastor losing his son, I felt like I really wanted to just hug my girls.  After we got to the zoo, we walked around and, of course, took pictures.  Then we went over to Travel Town and looked at the trains.  Mari wanted to take some pictures for a project she is doing and then go to the gift shop.  Started home, but had to get a snack and found a place that we had gone to before.  Traffic coming home was awful.  Got home and made dinner and watched some TV.  Finally getting to do my blog and my picture.

Rory was very uptight last night and turned the fan off and coffee maker on at 6.  He did not like the idea of having to be on a budget, plus the fight he got into with the teenager, a couple of weeks ago, is still upsetting him.  I really did not want to get up at 6, but I let him talk until 6:30, when I had planned to get up.  I feel much more at peace with the budget I set up.  The Bible states that "the truth will set you free", and it did.  It really gives me some peace, even though I have to ask for more money.  Rory really does not care that in a few years the trust fund will run out and then what?  Anyway, overall it was a good day.

Going to finish this and then read and go to bed!  I got some books on trains today, while we were at Travel Town.  Since doing this budget, I have made a decision to take smaller trips and more local until Mari graduates from college, then I will decide what we are going to do.  Since neither one of us really make any money, I feel like I need to cut back on how much we do travel.  Local trips don't cost as much.

Good night!  Trudi

No comments:

Post a Comment